Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All Shook Up

Hola Y'all!!! From SHAKY LAND!!

Last night we had a terremoto!!! That's earthquake in Spanish!!!
It woke us all up and, as usual, scared the bajeebers out of Mom.
She started praying to God to take care of all of us.

I moved over and laid my head on her shoulder to let her know I was gonna protect her. She needs me y'know.

Anyway, it lasted for almost a full minute and it shook everything pretty hard. It was rocking the rocking chair, rattlin' the windows real hard, and vibratin' the house pretty hard.

Mom read this morning that it was a 6.2 on the Richter scale. She says it was on the border of Panama and Costa Rica. We didn't feel it nearly as bad as they did further south. We have been through a 6.8 when we first moved here and Mom says it was not NEARLY as bad as that one. She says what we felt here last night was probably only about a 5.6.

It woke up Dad and Bud,(my human brother,)too. Dad came up to see about Mom and us cause he knows how bad those things scare Mom. It's a good thing I was with her so I could keep her calm til Dad got there.

We had a couple of aftershocks but they were pretty mild.
Anyway, we are all okay!!

Tailwags!!
BudBud

1 comment:

Kodak the Eskie said...

I'm glad you guys are okay! That must be very scary. We don't get those where we live but we have other scaries like tornadoes and blizzards.

Hugs, Kodak