Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Aunt Helene sent us this story last night. It's a sad story with a happy ending. Aunt Helene does wonderful things for the animals. Please vote for her in this challenge!!


Early this year a lady from Canada called me and asked me to pick up a dog she has seen on her vacation. She told me, "We made a boat trip in Los Chiles and as we started up the river, a dog started to run along the path at a tremendous rate. The person driving the boat said the dog's owner abandoned him in the town and took a boat to Nicaragua and the dog has raced up and down the waterway every day for three months - sometimes four times a day - looking in every boat that went by, every single one looking for the horrible human being that abandoned him -  running twenty miles a day. He jumped over creeks, swam over canals (and there are crocodiles) and kept looking at us  "Are you there?"  "Where are you?" ... a couple of us started to cry. When we got back I bought food and fed him. He is a sweetheart! Then he disappeared to the river to find the person that broke his little heart."
I wrote her back that I am willing to help and two days later I traveled to Los Chiles and picked the dog up. Los Chiles is on the border to Nicaragua – from where I live a 4 ½ hour trip (one way). I found the dog exactly where she told me he always is before the boat starts, brought him home, named him Amor and here he is waiting for a wonderful home he deserves. He is very attached to humans, is beautiful and loves attention. You can see photos of him in my website http://meetyourdog.com/DOGS_THEY_FOUND_US_2012.html
I was very happy that I found him and the lady from Canada is happy to know him safe.
All my dogs are sending greetings and are very grateful. Please keep voting for us. Many hugs Helene

PLEASE help us to help Aunt Helene win this challenge.
When we found out we weren't allowed to win the challenge this time me and Mom spent hours researching all the international shelters to see which one to help. If you remember, in a previous post, we mentioned that every shelter we researched has outside funding and that some are sending plane loads of dogs to the US shelters. Here's a recent news story about one. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/iteam/I-Team-Atlanta-Humane-Society-Animal-Origins

Aunt Helene is like us. She works out of her own pocket and on what few donations she can get. And she doesn't send plane loads of dogs to the US where they ALREADY have way too many street dogs.
We REALLY REALLY want to help her since we aren't allowed to win two in a row.
We're attaching a pic of Amor. Maybe one of you will decide he's make a wonderful new family member!! How can a human just abandon a cute furkid like this? Don't they even CARE????
I'm sure glad there are people like Mom, Aunt Helene and YOU FOLKS who DO care and are willing to help us.

All of us furkids and featherkids say THANK YOU!!!!!

Tailwags!!!
BudBud

No comments: