Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Fund Raising Party ROCKED!!!!!



HOLA Y'ALL!!!!!


There's so much goin' on here at our house!!! Most of us perro's are doin' everything we can to help but some of us are REAL slackers!!!

Now me, I am on my toes ALL the time, helpin' Mom, helpin' Dad, watchin' after all the other perros and keepin' them straight....the list goes on.

I don't mind a bit cause I'm just that kind of furbaby. No task is too great or too small for me!! As long as I get my 22 hours of sleep a day I'm STRICTLY business the rest of the time!!!

Of course there are some LAZY perros here too so I try to cover their chores too. Life ain't easy for a perro primero at Lighthouse.


We told you a while back that some friends here were going to throw a fund raising party for the shelter. Well it happened Sunday and it was GREAT!!!
At least that's what Mom and Dad told me. I didn't get to go!!! (sad puppy eyes)

Poco Cielo Resort, here in Atenas, is a BEAUTIFUL place and the owners are just the greatest people!!!! Josanne and Gary, who own Poco Cielo, worked their tails off getting ready for the party and man did they do a fine job!!!! If you guys ever decide to take a vacation here that is the BEST place to stay!!
www.pococieloresort.com


Josanne and Gary

There were snacks, drinks, dancing, a silent auction, and LOTS of fun!!!! Mom sang all night and everybody seemed to like it.

Mom hasn't done a show in a long time and it plum wore her out!!! But I know my mom. She is SUCH a ham and she enjoyed every minute of it.


She didn't get time to take any pictures though cause she had a microphone in her hand the whole night, but other people did take pictures and we are waiting to get them so I can post them for y'all to see!!
The one of Josanne and Gary is one that Sharyn took.

People brought some GREAT stuff for the auction!! There was all KINDS of stuff to choose from!!


Some of our other buddies volunteered to help out too. Nell and my human sis, Joray, worked the door and took the people's entrance fee, sold drink tickets, and collected the auction money.


Sharyn ran the bar like a pro and Mike was our dignified parking attendant.

My human bro, Bud, helped with a little bit of everything, moving tables around, helping clean up, coming to the aid of young ladies in distress, (he's a charmer y'know) and taking pictures!!!


They all worked REAL hard but I think they all had a good time too!!! EVERYBODY said they had a really good time and wanted to know when the next party will be!!!

The money collected will go a LONG way toward helping with the expenses here at the shelter!!!! We raised $969.00 after expenses!!!

All us here at Lighthouse want to thank EVERYONE who attended and/or donated!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Now we have to start getting ready for the big spay/neuter clinic at the end of this month!!!!!!!!
Whew!!! A fuzzbutts job is never done!!!

Tailwags Y'all!!!
And some doggie kisses too!!!
BudBud

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I'm sad I missed the party but so happy you all raised so much money to help more furbabies!

Kodak the Eskie said...

Congrats on the success of your fundraiser. Wish we could have been there!

Hugs, Kodak

Nell said...

Love the remodel!! Bud Bud, you are just full of surprises and so busy with your new job and all. Love you,
Aunt Nell